Are you outgoing, organized, and self-motivated? Are you passionate about innovation, technology and entrepreneurship? We are looking for a well-rounded Operations Coordinator with experience in supporting a fast-paced office. This is a great opportunity for an extraverted self-starter who possesses strong organizational, communication, and creative problem-solving skills. Working under minimal supervision, the Operations Coordinator will oversee the daily operation and success of VCET’s coworking facilities, building and supporting a robust and diverse member community, and promoting VCET and Vermont’s innovation ecosystem.
This is a new, part time (20 hours/week), at will, professional position offering flexibility in scheduling to meet professional and personal demands. However, the role may require nights, weekends, and holidays in service to the organization and in support of VCET programs and clients.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruiting new members and manage logistics to sustain and grow a great community of coworkers
- Manage the VCET onboarding process for new members: provide tours, administer paperwork, and serve as the go-to resource for all members in-house
- Manage VCET’s coworking software: keep information up to date and assist members in learning and utilizing the platform
- Work with VCET’s controller to coordinate member billing
- Open and maintain communication with all members through phone, email, text, and Slack
- Organize annual badge renewals
- Keep internal process documents and signage up to date
- Overall, own the processes that keep VCET running smoothly, and constantly think of ways to streamline and improve the organization
- Maintain principle ownership for operations of VCET’s three facilities (UVM, FairPoint – BTV, and Middlebury).
- Ensure access to members across all three locations (ID/Keys)
- Manage logistics around upkeep for all three facilities:
- Order and stock supplies
- Coordinate technology use
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness and order
- Manage landlord/partner needs: FairPoint, UVM, Middlebury College, and more
- Continuously think of new ways to improve our facilities
Events, Ecosystem, & Engagement:
- Get to know each and every VCET member to help build an ecosystem of engagement, positivity, inclusion, and mutual success
- Provide a physical presence at all three VCET locations, (especially during peak morning hours at BTV)
- Participate, organize, or lead events in our spaces for members and with third party organizations
- Represent VCET externally as appropriate
Commitment to learn:
- Professional growth and development are essential for the individual’s advancement, but also for the benefit of the team and entire VCET organization. Staying current, proactively informed and knowledgeable on technology, trends, and entrepreneur programs are essential for your success and ours
- Support team members with various projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Duties and tasks may overlap and change as your skills develop and the needs of VCET, our members, and key stakeholders evolve
- Intelligence, commitment, adaptability, resilience, humor, trustworthiness, desire to learn, and best in class delivery of services to our customers, partners, and among the VCET team are the key attributes required of all VCET team members
- The @BTV location is the position’s home base. Travel to other VCET offices and around Vermont should be expected. Business mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate.
Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, and references to Sam Roach-Gerber (firstname.lastname@example.org)